Last week, Tech Data announced that effective June 6, current CEO Bob Dutkowsky will move up to the role of executive chairman, while current COO Rich Hume will take over as chief executive.
The move was widely expected since Hume came to Tech Data some two years ago, and Hume is certainly no stranger to the channel, having worked with partners for much of his 30-plus year career at IBM, including a stint as the company’s global leader for business partners.
Still, we thought it would be interesting to find out a bit more about Hume, what he brings to the table, his plans and thoughts as he prepares to take the helm of one of the industry’s biggest distribution players.
In this edition of the podcast, we chat with Hume about:
- his assessment of his company, and the distribution market in general;
- the status of the integration of Avnet Technology Solutions, an integration in which he played a significant role;
- his take on the ever-evolving role of the mixed broadline/value distributor;
- where he sees challenges for Tech Data and for distribution;
- the company’s regional and national business strategies around the world;
- what he sees as his biggest lessons from his time at Big Bue;
- what partners ( and vendors) can expect from him as CEO; and much more.
All that and more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.