Miles Davis, vice president of channel sales at Avaya Canada, joins us on this edition of the podcast to look back at 2020 and a look forward to the rest of 2021.
- the impact of the pandemic on the communications and collaboration field, and how it suddenly made points Avaya and its partners have pitched customers on for years the guiding mantra of the day;
- how the early days of the pandemic underlined the value and the benefits of UC and the essentials of business continuity that unified communications can bring to the table;
- how both Avaya and its partners reacted to COVID, including a dramatic weekend in March that features a lot of scrambling;
- why Davis feels Avaya was in the right place at the right time with its launch of Avaya Cloud Office in partnership with RingCentral;
- new types of partners that are now working with Avaya;
- the trends he sees shaping the business in Canada in 20201, including the continuing shift to work-from-home and how customers are rethinking their businesses as a result;
- the results of a study on how Canadian business leaders are rethinking their business models;
- what partners can expect from Avaya over the course of 2021;
- how partner business models are evolving and why that means partners are more able to differentiate themselves today; and
- the mood he sees in the channel in the early days of 2021.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.