Over the course of 2021, Ingram Micro Canada navigated the second year of the global pandemic, had a change in corporate ownership, saw the competitive landscape in distribution change dramatically with the Synnex / Tech Data merger, and ran a logistics-heavy business through a profound global supply chain challenge.
There were challenges, but Bill Brandel reports a good year.
Brandel joins us on the first edition of this year’s New Year’s Podcast Series to discuss the year that was 2021 for Ingram Micro Canada, and offer his thoughts on what we can expect for 2022.
- his overall take on the year that was 2021 in Canada;
- how the business plan shifted over the course of 2021, including the major supply chain challenges on the retail side of the business;
- major business wins over the course of the year;
- the growth of the advanced technology and security business at Ingram Micro Canada;
- the “crazy” growth of the cloud business and how it was powered by the move towards hybrid workplaces;
- the changing face of distribution, with Ingram being sold to equity and the Synnex / Tech Data merger;
- What Bill expects in the market in 2022;
- Where Ingram Micro Canada is investing for this year;
- Why IOT today is where the cloud was “back in the day”; and
- why 2022 will be the year of co-opetition ecosystems.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.