Malware authors and other bad actors have hardly taken a break as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, SMBs and the solution providers charged with securing them have had to face numerous challenges, including a shift to a more work-from-home environment that has upset traditional network-centric security models.
In this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast, we’re joined by Cam Leetham, director of channel sales and alliances for ESET Canada, to discuss the security challenges SMBs and their solution providers have faced, and how they’ve overcome them. We discuss:
- how cybercriminals have ramped up their attacks;
- why there’s been a big spike in interest around cybersecurity awareness training, and how partners can build around that interest;
- the kind of security solutions that are resonating in a work-from-home and socially distant market;
- how partners’ security strategies and practices have changed as customers get more dispersed and distributed;
- new offerings from ESET including Office 365 security options and new bundles of SMB-designed products;
- what ESET expects to see next, including the “explosion” of ransomware and phishing attempts; and
- how partners can stay relevant with customers facing financial challenges by helping minimize seatcount while maximizing protection.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS