Intel brought its fourth generation of scalable Xeon processors to market earlier this year, bringing greater performance, increased focus on important workloads, and a slew of new options to the high end of its processor lineup.
Kareem Sherif, sales director for enterprise and government at Intel Canada, joins us on the podcast to break down what the company’s partners need to know about the platform and the new servers and systems built around them.
- the highlights of what’s new in the fourth generation of Xeon processors;
- the role of specialization and accelerators in the Xeon approach;
- why Xeon is getting smarter, and it’s not all about adding cores anymore;
- the ability to add features and functionalities after purchase and how Intel On Demand works on the Xeon processors;
- what partners should be aware of in terms of the systems OEMs are bringing to market around the new processors; and
- how the market for Xeon has evolved from the server closet to a number of different roles today.
All this and much more are in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.