Derik Belair and Gavin Garbutt are certainly familiar names to Canadian MSPs as two of the main faces behind N-able from its founding until its sale to SolarWinds and beyond. And now they’re back in the channel community, with a new venture called Augmentt.
In this edition of the podcast, we’re joined by Belair and Garbutt to discuss what they’re up to and what it all means for managed services providers.
- what they’ve been up to since N-able and SolarWinds;
- the mission and goals of Augmentt and how it helps MSPs bridge the cloud gap;
- howf the move from reactive services to managed services compares to the transition from managed service to cloud and SaaS services in the channel;
- the company’s offerings – Augmentt Discover for shadow IT discovery, and Augmentt Optimize for maximizing the value of licenses and subscription compared to usage;
- an upcoming offering that promises a central management console for customers’ SaaS apps under “one pane of glass”;
- how MSPs’ value propositions have changed as customers have moved towards cloud and SaaS – and how Augmnett can help;
- the pain points MSPs face in working with cloud and subscriptions;
- their assessment of that lack of made-for-MSP tools for cloud management and optimization prior to Augmentt;
- the interaction and integration of Augmentt with other tools MSPs use;
- How MSPs realize greater customer value through Augmentt;
- how Augmentt helps keep “the SaaS honeymoon” going — or at least helps organizations rationalize cost once the honeymoon is over;
- how SaaS and cloud is the first time an MSP can make money by helping customers spend less;
- common threads amongst MSPs that make for good Augmentt partners;
- how they’ve brought the Freemium model they championed at N-able to Augmentt; and
- next steps for Augmentt as a business.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.