At last week’s Extreme Connect event in Nashville, I sat down with Extreme Networks CEO Ed Meyercord for a wide-ranging discussion.
The most important theme for Meyercord at the event was the building out of the “new Extreme” after acquisitions of assets from Avaya, Brocade and Zebra, so we start by discussing the company’s new culture, and how Meyercord sees the company’s partners fitting in.
We also discuss:
- how the company brings its partners into its culture;
- the new Extreme Elements strategy and how partners fit in;
- the company’s approach to building partner enablement tools;
- how Extreme is faring in the Canadian market, opportunities, and the company’s Canadian wireless connection;
- why he sees greater partner engagement as key to the company; and
- why Meyercord sees campus networking as a high-growth opportunity for solution providers, even though the overall market is flat or down.
All that and more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.