Every year, for almost two weeks, Tennis Canada goes from your average sports organization, promoting tennis across Canada, to literally promoting tennis, as it hosts the massive Rogers Cup dual tournaments in Toronto and Montreal. This year, that’s set to happen from August 3rd to 12th.
As you’d expect, this means quite a shift for the IT requirements of the organization, and the expectations of the security it can deliver, particularly as more and more game-watcher in the stands and at home do so with a “second screen” experience on an app or the Web while they watch.
I recently sat down with Costa Kladianos, director of innovation and technology at Tennis Canada, to discuss the Rogers Cup and more.
In this video we chat about:
- the overall IT and innovation strategy at Tennis Canada;
- how that role has changed in recent years with greater connectivity, apps, and social media;
- how the company’s IT and security needs change from day-to-day operations to during the Rogers Cup;
- its security partnership with ESET; and
- what Kladianos is thinking about for the future of the tournament.
Check out the video to learn more!