Most enterprises have come a long way in recent years in terms of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in their businesses. But there’s still a long way to go in the technology industry before there will be an equal starting point for everyone. How can solution providers — especially smaller MSPs — do what’s right while doing what’s right for their business?
We sat down with Ruba Borno, vice president of worldwide channels and alliances at AWS, at AWS Candaa’s Women of Inspiration event to discuss how she sees solution providers embracing DEI, how to unlock business value through inclusion, and more.
- what Women of Inspiration was all about, and who was involved;
- the role and evolution of women in technology events;
- how solution providers are embracing diversity, equity and inclusion;
- examples of how partners, including some in Canada, are building their businesses by helping women forge careers in IT;
- how AWS supports partners in their own DEI efforts, and why AWS sometimes inspires its partners and sometimes is inspired by them;
- solid first steps for partners in embracing DEI in their business; and
- on a completely separate note, Borno’s thoughts on the mood in the channel in early 2023 and her advice for partner success this year.
All this and much more are in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS