How exactly does ransomware work, and how do the systems that detect and remediate ransomware attacks work? And how can a relationship with an outsourced security operations centre help MSPs decrease the risk for themselves and their customers?
Jimmy Hatzell, director of marketing for XDR at Barracuda MSP’s Skout division, joins us on this edition of the podcast to discuss all things SOC, XDR, MSP, and probably a few other TLAs as well.
- what’s going on in the SOC world;
- how does Skout deal with ransomware and other forms of business email compromise;
- why acting fast means so much, and why so many attacks are on the network for the better part of a year;
- “Your journey secured” – cybersecurity is a process, not a product;
- what happens when an outsourced SOC detects a ransomware attack, and how do they react;
- how the relationship with MSPs work, and why white-label isn’t a great model for security services;
- “Buy vs. Build” for MSPs in rolling out more advanced security services;
- what to protect and why it’s often not what you think it is;
- why aligning to a security standard is crucial for MSPs;
- what onboarding a new MSP looks like for the XDR service; and
- why security offerings “are the thing that keeps MSPs from getting fired.”
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS