The pandemic has accelerated digital transformation on every front, and marketing is no exception. But for many solution providers, for whom “lunch and learn” and other in-person events were at the forefront of marketing execution, that can be a challenge.
In this edition of the podcast, we’re joined by Luxy Thuraisingam, vice president of Americas industry marketing and Canada growth marketing at Cisco, to discuss the evolution of digital marketing both before the pandemic and during it and how solution providers can make the most of the latest and most impactful ideas in marketing.
- how important digital marketing has become over the last few years, and especially in the last year;
- how marketing moved to a digital-only approach as a result of the pandemic, and how business-to-business e-commerce exploded;
- the importance of getting the right information to the right person in as personalized a way as possible;
- what partners are asking for in terms of marketing advice and approaches;
- why seeking to help customers solve their problems has become a primary goal of successful marketing, and more impactful than even calls to action or other tactics;
- how the insights organizations can glean from digital marketing has brought sales and marketing closer together than ever before;
- what partners can do to drive value from their social media efforts;
- why Cisco is doubling down on social media as a way to reach B2B customers;
- how the right social strategy can take a local or regional event and turn it into an event with global impact;
- why social media is a “must-do” and how it fits into traditional and digital marketing strategies;
- why social selling has become “the new handshake” in an era when salespeople can’t as easily get physically “in front of” their customers;
- the digital marketing tools and resources that Cisco makes available to partners looking to up-level their marketing efforts or skillsets; and
- the Cisco Marketing Velocity event coming up in May — what to expect from the event and how to get involved.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.