Brian Babineau, senior vice president and general manager of Barracuda MSP is our guest on this edition of the New Year’s Podcast Series. On it, Babineau walks us through how the company’s business went in 2020 and his thoughts on what’s to come in 2021.
- how 2020 went for Barracuda MSP, and how things changed from the exuberance of a January 2020 partner advisory council event to the reality of March 2020;
- why he felt Barracuda’s job was to “take care of customers who were committed to surviving the worst of times”;
- why being in the security field helped the company and its partners in a tough year;
- why it was important not to make too many changes even with the world changing dramatically;
- how MSPs reacted to the pandemic with a shift towards becoming business enables and the rise of security-centric managed service providers;
- where Barracuda MSP sees opportunity in 2021, including users working from anywhere, threat-hunting and email security, and new lines of business Barracuda might explore;
- the mood in the channel through a very trying year; and
- Babineau’s advice for MSPs: why it’s important to bring new ideas and make sure customers’ security posture is strong enough to survive what comes next.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.