ESET has released its T3 security report, taking a look at the security trends that dominated the final third of 2021. And what a year it was, with ransomware continuing to run wild, more attacks on RDP, and on the good-news side, major law enforcement action taking out a prominent attack group.
Tony Anscombe, global security evangelist at ESET joins us on this edition of the podcast to discuss the “highlights” of the T3 2021 report, and offer his thoughts on the trends that will shape 2022 in security.
- the major vulnerabilities of 2021, including majors ones that appeared in the final days of the year;
- the continuing rise of ransomware, and how cyber-criminals are “building their business”;
- the big impact of REvil and other cyber-crime groups;
- what major law enforcement takedowns will ultimately mean in terms of security risk;
- the forces driving more attacks on RDP;
- why 2022 might be a big year for security-related legislation;
- why that move towards disclosure laws might mean you don’t want to be online in a nation that hasn’t moved quickly;
- how increased business awareness of security risks puts security at the boardroom level;
- the role MSPs are going to play given the increasing attention given to security risks; and
- where cyber-criminals might start looking for revenues should ransomware revenues start to wane.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.