Email has been a vector of attacks for almost as long as attacks have been a thing, and yet, email remains at least an aspect of virtually every security breach today.
How are email-based attacks evolving, and what can MSPs do about it? We tackle those topics with Mark Ballegeer, systems engineer at Barracuda MSP on this edition of the podcast.
- general trends in email protection;
- the need to layer defences to successfully repel email attacks;
- why email is still such a successful vector of attacks 25 or more years since “the good old days” of ILOVEYOU and other email-first malware;
- the scale and impact of email breaches, both in terms of direct losses and indirect costs;
- how email attacks are evolving as a result of the pandemic;
- how partners can keep up with — and even dare to keep ahead — of would-be attackers;
- the continuing rise of security in managed services offerings across the channal;
- best approaches to selling security sales; and
- why MSPs should focus on turning their customers’ security liabilities into assets through education and training.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.