At its first-ever Cyber Summit in Miami this week, Acronis declared backup dead. That’s a significant statement for a company that has been known to MSPs primarily as a backup company. So how should MSPs think about the company today?
According to Patrick Hurley, vice president and general manager for the Americas at Acronis, it’s all about the much bigger market of cyber-protection. I sat down with Hurley to discuss the changing nature of the company and its market.
- Why backup is dead, and MSPs should join “the cyber-revolution”;
- How Acronis is getting its current partners on-board with its suddenly much-larger total addressable market;
- New types of partners he sees Acronis working with;
- Most common first steps for partners beyond traditional backup;
- Acronis’ business in the Canadian market, and what it’s doing to grow that business;
- The role of distribution in Acronis’ plans going forward;
- Common threads of a right partner fit for Acronis;
- How MSPs can differentiate themselves around “a commodity product”;
- The most significant untapped opportunity for Acronis partners right now; and
- How managed security services are evolving as part of the MSP space.
All that and more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.