March is Fraud Prevention Month as players in the security game look to help everyone, the everyday user and the grizzled IT veteran, alike improve their ability to detect and protect themselves against fraudsters in the connected world.
In this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast, we’re joined by Tony Anscombe, global security evangelist at ESET to discuss the spectre of fraud, and what we can do about it.
We’ll talk about:
- why we need something like Fraud Prevention Month;
- the latest tactics of those running online frauds;
- what solution providers can do to help their customers steer clear of such risks;
- why education is the essential component of an anti-fraud campaign;
- what users can do if they find themselves on the wrong side of an attack; and
- why anyone — even a global security evangelist at an internationally known security software vendor — can be a victim of fraud, even without having to “click the wrong link.”
All that and more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS