Intel has long offered remote management capabilities under its vPro platform for professional computing devices. But what does Active Management Technology mean for managed service providers and other Intel partners?
In this edition of the podcast, we’re joined by Eric Chong, enterprise technical sales specialist at Intel to get the rundown on AMT, how it works, and how partners can make the most of it.
- a quick definition on what the vPro platform is, especially the Active Management Technology side of things;
- what AMT brings to the table when it comes to remotely managing PCs, and how it works;
- common usages for AMT and situations where it comes in handy, including key real-world examples;
- the value proposition for MSPs using AMT, including how the technology can help reduce truck rolls;
- what it takes for MSPs to take advantage of AMT capabilities;
- how Intel’s software works in a multi-tenant environment for MSPs;
- how AMT and vPro have been received in the MSP community, and how MSPs are using it today;
- the kinds of professional services MSPs can bring in around AMT; and
- how Intel’s looking to build awareness around AMT and making it easier to manage.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.