It’s tough to find talent out there for everyone, and solution providers are no exception.
In fact, finding key technical talent has been a challenge for solution providers long before The Great Resignation. And it certainly hasn’t gotten much easier.
In this edition of the podcast, we’re joined by Michael Slater, director of presales and partner enablement at Sherweb, to discuss the current hiring and staffing environment, and get his advice on what works to help solution providers solve these problems.
- the challenges solution providers are seeing in terms of staffing their most-important roles in the face of staffing shortage and more global competition for talent in a work-from-home world;
- how hiring has changed at MSPs over the years, from the days of hiring somebody’s little brother or sister fresh out of school;
- what’s working to bring people on board right now, including what’s worked for Slater;
- why you need to be looking for talent in all the wrong, or at least unusual, places;
- why presenting your company’s culture can help you find talent, particularly smaller MSPs;
- why you should be collecting resumes, even when you aren’t actively hiring today;
- what Slater has learned from hiring during the pandemic-induced shortage of job-seekers;
- how Sherweb is supporting partners in their need to get more people and bring more talents to bear for customers with a focus on partner enablement; and
- what Slater expects to see in the staffing space in the near future — the challenges with retention, and the challenges with hiring
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.