Nobody can open their email app of choice without seeing ample evidence that phishing is still very prominent. But the real growth is in the attack method’s more targeted, thought-out subset, spear-phishing.
In this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast, we’re joined by Olesia Klevchuk, senior product marketing manager for email security at Barracuda MSP, to discuss the company’s latest study of its customers’ experience with spear phishing.
- the background on Barracuda’s report on the state of spear phishing, email attacks and social engineering;
- how the world of email threats has evolved throughout Barracuda’s reporting;
- what the company learned by looking at millions of would-be spear-phishing attacks;
- the rise of conversation hijacking and how that type of attack works;
- how many organizations worldwide have had at least one email account compromised over the last year, and what happens to those compromised accounts;
- why email attackers are favouring targeting smaller businesses;
- what roles email attackers are targeting;
- what happens once an account is compromised; and
- best practices for MSPs to help their customers protect themselves in the email domain, including defending against social engineering attempts.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS