2020 was a busy year for communications companies as so many customers shifted strategy to work-from-home. But how did that burst of action pan out in 2021, as companies sought to transition their hasty early-pandemic decisions into long-term strategy, and the concept of the hybrid workplace became the order of the day?
David Robertson, managing director of Avaya Canada, joins us on this edition of the podcast to chat about the highlights of the year that was 2021, and to tee up Avaya’s thoughts on 2022.
- a review of a tough year, but a year full of opportunity for Avaya Canada in 2021;
- why Avaya Cloud Office saw significant uptake, and often very quickly;
- how clients are now shoring up their short-term decisions to stay functional during the pandemic into long-term thinking for the future;
- how Avaya’s partners have changed focus with changing customer requirements;
- what Robertson and his team are focused on for 2022;
- where Robertson would like to see partners helping Avaya;
- new types of partners Avaya is engaging with and how that impacts the partnering models; and
- the transition from on-prem hardware vendor to a predominantly software and services company.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.