Perhaps more than any other sector, the healthcare industry has been transformed and continues to be transformed by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. While other sectors have had to deal with the ramifications of the virus’s spread and reinvent themselves on the fly, healthcare has had to do so while being the front line on the battle against both the spread of the virus and its disease causes.
In this edition of the podcast, we talk to Tara Mahoney, healthcare practice leader at Avaya, on what she’s seeing and what she expects to see from the healthcare professionals with which she works. We tackle how technology use in healthcare has been turned upside down by the pandemic and what solution providers can do to help.
- the issues she sees in the Canadian healthcare scene and how COVID has impacted and amplified those issues;
- the three key things on the minds of healthcare professionals, and how technology fits into those priorities;
- the emergence of virtual care technology and where it will go from here, even as so much remain manual;
- the need for more automation on multiple fronts in the healthcare industry, and how that can help in the battle against COVID;
- the role of collaboration and automation technology is accelerating the vaccination effort;
- why cloud solutions are increasingly important in helping healthcare change at the pace it needs to;
- Mahoney’s advice to partners with current healthcare practices and those who might want to bring skills developed in other verticals to the healthcare industry;
- how solution providers can get involved in the next generation of virtual care today; and
- how solution providers can learn more about healthcare-specific information around Avaya’s offerings, customer references in the field, and more.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS