Stories about security are everywhere. Headlines on massive data breaches are in the news seemingly every week, and territory like ransomware is now everyday fodder for police procedurals on TV,
In this environment, ESET has taken its first look at how Canadians are looking at cybersecurity. And in this edition of the podcast, Stephen Cobb, senior security researcher at ESET, shares the findings of that research.
We’ll chat about:
- the big trends and issues of 2018 in security;
- how people are responding to security/cybercrime issues;
- how Canadians feel about the risk attached to cybercrime;
- how they’re reacting to increased concerns around cybercrime;
- why these results should concern businesses and government;
- how well-informed Canadians feel they are about cybercrime, and how that differs by region;
- how partners can help their customers be better informed throughout their organizations;
- the rise of cryptocurrency-related security threats, and why businesses should probably be more concerned about them than they currently are; and
- what ESET’s researchers are thinking about as the biggest challenges facing us in 2019
All that and more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.