It was a banner year for ransomware, but is it going under the radar more than in years past? Is cyber security insurance a net good or evil force, and why? And why are managed services around security set to increase?
We kick off the podcast for 2024 as we’re joined by Tony Anscombe, global security evangelist for ESET, to chat about the security scene in 2023 and 2024.
- the significant issues of the year in the cybersecurity sphere;
- trends in ransomware over the last year, including the normalization of attacks in the face of a record year for ransomware “earnings”;
- the rise in cyber risk insurance as a regular cost of business;
- how MSPs can help their customers stay on top of their security needs, and why insurance can sometimes help make the case;
- why patch management continues to be a vital issue to keep an eye on;
- best practices for meeting customers’ innovation, uptime and performance needs while also making sure updates are applied in a timely fashion;
- why Anscombe believes managed services are set for rapid growth in the security space, and his caveats around that growth;
- how often companies should be testing the cyber security savvy of all employees, and
- how AI fits into the cyber security industry, and AI’s role in making old-fashioned attacks better than ever before.
All this and much more are in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.