Let’s Talk the Latest: 12th Gen Intel vPro Platform -- Shipping Now
They’re here! After talking about all the great new features and advances made possible by the 12th Gen Intel® vPro® Platform, we’ve started shipping devices and there’s a lot for channel partners to get excited about.
12th Gen Intel® CoreTM processors incorporate many new and innovative features including hybrid multi-core architecture. This architecture is a key part of the new Intel vPro Platform. features Intel® 7 process technology, and includes performance hybrid architecture with Intel Thread Director, state-of-the-art memory, PCIe Gen 5, Thunderbolt™ 4, and Intel® Wi-Fi 6E1..
The 12th Gen Intel vPro platform builds on 15 years of innovation to offer businesses of all sizes even more options designed to meet a wide range of business needs and computing requirements.
Meet Intel vPro® Enterprise
Intel vPro® Enterprise integrates a suite of transformative technologies that have received extra tuning and testing for demanding business workloads – and those tests are based on how PCs are actually used. In the real world! All Intel vPro Enterprise PCs set the standard for business, so IT can be confident they’re getting business-class performance, multilayer hardware-based security, efficient remote manageability, and PC fleet stability.
Introducing Intel vPro® Essentials
This line was developed for new and growing small businesses. It includes the latest PC technologies that have been integrated and validated for business. Intel vPro Essentials available for a limited number of SKUs will include hardware-based security features help guard against threats that are immune to software-based security solutions and doesn’t require complicated configuration. Intel vPro Essentials can also scale as a business grows with built-in management tools for internal IT or IT partners.
Intel vPro®, An Intel® Evo™ Design
Providing all the business feature support of Intel vPro® Enterprise or Intel vPro® Essentials, PCs featuring Intel vPro, an Intel® EvoTM Design, give mobile professionals an even more amazing experience with advanced responsiveness, long battery life, instant wake, and thin and light form factors.2
OS Support, Security, Management & More
Looking to learn even more about this new platform? Here are a few more features available in some or all platform segments:
- IT now has the option to support Windows and Chrome operating systems.
- Intel vPro Enterprise provides additional features including:
- Intel® Stable IT Platform Program (Intel® SIPP) available for Intel vPro Enterprise models help support extended rollouts and complex fleets that span multiple countries to provide SKUs globally for over 15 months and ongoing support for hardware long after launch.
- Intel® Active Management Technology delivers remote out-of-band manageability features and KVM controls. Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) allows IT to reach machines virtually anywhere.
- Security Features:
- Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT) with Anomalous Behavior Detection (ABD), helps identify early indicators of attacks while also leveraging the GPU for the compute power needed.
- Intel® Control-flow Enforcement Technology (Intel® CET) help protect against threats that have long eluded software-only solutions.
- Intel® Multi-Key Total Memory Encryption (Intel® MK-TME) allows IT to encrypt different types of DRAM traffic, helping isolate tasks in virtualized environments (when OS-enablement is in place).
- Intel® Virtualization Technology – Redirect Protection (Intel® VT-rp), extends hardware-rooted virtualization-based security (when OS-enablement is in place.)
- Performance Features:
- Performance-cores (P-cores) are the highest performance cores Intel has ever built, designed to handle the most demanding business workloads.3
- Efficient-cores (E-cores) are an all-new approach to multitasking and scalability, ideal for business PCs. Tasks can run in the background without impacting user experience.3
- Intel® Thread Director works in conjunction with the OS scheduler to allow the system to make more intelligent and data processing decisions regarding thread scheduling.
- Unparalleled connectivity with Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite, which is like having an IT expert built into the device who is constantly helping ensure a seamless wireless experience for the user.
We’re excited to unveil the latest generation of Intel vPro Platform devices. It’s built for business with the features users want and IT needs.
1. Based on IEEE 802.11ax specification legacy 5 GHz vs. new 6 GHz Wi-Fi spectrum. With more large channels in 6 GHz, technology advantages of Wi-Fi 6E networks enable higher maximum theoretical PC client speeds vs. 5 GHz Wi-Fi 5.
1. Based on IEEE 802.11ax specification Intel Engineering simulation. 160 MHz channels and Wi-Fi 6/6E technology advantages related to network managed traffic enable lower latencies, more efficient operation, and higher reliability vs. random contention-based traffic of standard Wi-Fi 5 networks. For more information visit www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex > Connectivity > Wireless.
2. In thin & light Windows-based devices, based on unique features and superior performance of Intel Core i7-1280P processor on industry benchmarks, including in comparison to prior generation and competitor processors AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U and Apple M1 Pro. Visit www.Intel.com/performanceindex for details. Results may vary.
3. Performance hybrid architecture combines two new core microarchitectures, Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-cores), on a single processor die. Select 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (certain 12th Gen Intel Core i5 processors and lower) do not support performance hybrid architecture, only P-cores.
Results that are based on pre-production systems and components as well as results that have been estimated or simulated using an Intel Reference Platform (an internal example new system), internal Intel analysis or architecture simulation or modeling are provided to you for informational purposes only.
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.
No product or component can be absolutely secure. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex (Security & Manageability).
Your costs and results may vary.
Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software or service activation.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.