The days of a simple endpoint antivirus solution being all a solution provider needs to employ to keep customers’ computing devices safe are long since gone, and the security market is a field where new technologies and new ideas appear on a regular basis.
In this edition of the podcast, we’re joined by Tony Anscombe, global security evangelist at EST, to discuss Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and how it works with traditional endpoint security offerings.
- the relationship and interplay between traditional endpoint security and EDR;
- what changed that took us down this path;
- penetration rates for EDR in the customer base today;
- what customers are best fits for EDR today;
- how security and privacy legislation relates to EDR;
- how EDR helps deal with the challenges of staffing security positions;
- how EDR, and the insights it provides, makes partners more sticky with customers;
- what rolling out an EDR service looks like for an MSP;
- why partners should be running EDR on their own network, both as a way of securing the business and as a way of learning how to work with the technology;
- how EDR can fit into those building out their own SOC, as well as those; and
- how to build expertise over time based on what you learn from running an EDR, and the lifecycle of EDR and endpoint.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.