In November, AppDynamics introduced longtime Cisco Canada executive Rebecca Leach as its new country manager for Canada. Leach, who worked in the leadership of Cisco Canada’s channel team before spending five years heading up its increasingly-important software veteran, now leads the Canadian operations of the application performance management player, a nod to just how important software is to Cisco now.
Leach joins us for this edition of the podcast to talk about her new role, her experience since taking the job, and where she sees opportunity in the Canadian market.
- the AppD/Cisco relationship and what the go-to-market looks like;
- what Leach thinks AppD can bring to Cisco in terms of experience and process as it becomes more software-centric;
- how the AppD channel compares to the Cisco channel;
- what being part of the Cisco family has meant to AppD’s approach to partnering;
- the kind of growth AppDynamics is seeing in the channel in Canada;
- the opportunity for AppDynamics in Canada, and the sheer number of potential customers Leach sees;
- the markets where Leach sees the most opportunity, including retail and finance;
- building the company’s presence in Western Canada;
- next steps and priorities in building the business in Canada;
- what makes for a good AppD partner;
- why AppDynamics closes business much faster when working with channel partners;
- Leach’s partnering philosophy on building the channel for AppDynamics in Canada; and
- what partners can expect from AppD this year.
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.