Managed services are often cited as the path to long-term success for IT solution providers, and security is the key to almost every IT solution. And yet, true, deep managed security services remain a relatively hard goal to achieve, requiring significant investment by solution providers into resources and tools to make it real.
In this edition of the podcast, we’re joined by Mark Ballegeer, systems engineer at Barracuda MSP, who has some advice to offer to any solution provider on how to add managed security services to their future mix. We’ll discuss:
- what is an MSSP and are you already one? What defines it, and what skills you need to have;
- how to add managed security services to an MSP’s business;
- building a security framework into everything you do;
- what questions you’ll face about the value you provide and how you can demonstrate that value;
- the tools that will help you start building your MSSP practice and define what services you want to offer;
- how the types of security businesses are looking for are expanding
- how MSP’s existing RMM and PSA tools fit into the mix;
- the value of being proactive and predictive; and
- key steps for MSPs in building managed security services, and how those steps vary based on where you are in your managed services journey
All this and much more in this edition of the ChannelBuzz.ca Podcast.